10/19/2008

Grammar 101

Okay I cannot claim to be a "know-it-all" as far as grammar is concerned. But given minimal awareness I may not make such mistakes. This is live from a B-School (event frenzy in B-Schools going on these days)

"---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Events Coordinator <events@%$$%%.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:15 AM
Subject: $%$%$ presents Paragana 2008 :Launch of Chrysalis and Engrave ,Business Plan Competitions
To: events@%$$%%.org


Hi All,
due to a server error the attachments could be delivered.
Kindly RESEND this mail to all your college students.
Apologize for any inconvenience caused.
"
Okay so due to a server error normally the attachments cannot be sent, but curiously it was sent in this case. D'accord
But it get curious-er (pardon me), they want the receipient college to apologize for the server error. LOL, LMAO, ROFLOL and suchlike.

(so much for event organization pressure)

4 comments:

KrRahul said...

Nicely pointed out :)

Ideally it should be "apologies" in place of "Apologize"; but if you read a hidden "We" at the beginning of the sentence, it becomes fine: (We) apologize for any inconvenience caused. :)

EggHe/\D said...

@krrahul - Oh my god, I suppose this post became really serious to invite a comment from an ALUM. I do really apologize if the post was really out of the way, but could not digest it.
Anyways we all know the pressures of BSchool event organization.

Cynic in Wonderland said...

you are a grammar nazi as well?

do you want to adopt me?? im typographically challenged i think.

EggHe/\D said...

@cynic - Such kindness :).Well I am not that good also but I am kind of put off with typos (its okay in blogs et al) in high level communication and those damn ppts.
Anyways I will let you know whenever I plan to do such adoption activities :)